The Grand Orient USA is now a member of the American Masonic Alliance. The American Masonic Alliance (A.M.A.) is the vanguard of the 21st century Freemasonry in the three Americas: North, Central and South, from Canada in the North to Argentina in the South.
The A.M.A. is comprised of the Grand Orients and Grand Lodges that have maintained, without interruption, the Masonic principles of liberty and freedom that have been central to the philosophy of the institution since time immemorial. These are one and the same with those of the founders of the democracies throughout the Americas. Francisco de Miranda, La Fayette, Simon Bolivar, George Washington, San Martin, Benjamin Franklin, O’Higgins, Thomas Jefferson, Antonio Jose de Sucre, John Adams, and Marti, Masons who are among the greatest champions of human liberty and equality.
The A.M.A. recognizes the promise made three centuries ago of a Universal Brotherhood of All Mankind based on respect for humanity without distinction or discrimination.
The A.M.A. members are the living heirs of the Age of Enlightenment and the Social Contract as expressed by the great philosophers John Locke, Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Voltaire, Diderot, Montesquieu, and Spinoza:
– Absolute Freedom of Conscience and Expression.
– Religious and spiritual tolerance guaranteed by the separation of Church and State.
– The ethical improvement of mankind to ensure the progress and evolution of Humanity.
– The search for Truth and Knowledge through the Arts and Sciences.
– Respect and promotion of the Inalienable Rights to Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
– Dedication to the ideals of Liberty, Equality and Fraternity (the brotherhood of mankind).
– The quest for peace and understanding between nations to ensure the sustainability of the human species and the natural environment.