A wonderful display of Chinese ceramics is set up in the Masonic Hall. We have had several exhibitions of Chinese art and craft works and this display once again demonstrates the close relationship we have with the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China.
Formed in 1884 and operating continuously until 2012, the Lodge Leopold charter was in existence for 129 years. There were over 1054 members of the Lodge during that time, with 141 members in 1979, though at the close in 2012 there were just 10. In January 1886, Lodge Leopold commenced meeting in McMahon’s Hall which was later part of Wollundry Private Hospital in Larmer Street, then moved further west in Larmer Street to Savage’s Building and stayed there until 1910 when the present Masonic temple was completed. Narrandera Shire Council has acquired the building for the community and there are plans to use it as an Arts Centre, leaving some of the historic Masonic Lodge Leopold information on display.
When: Saturday 5 – Sunday 6 October
Time: Saturday 2 – 4pm, Sunday 10am – 12 noon and 2pm – 4pm
Location: Masonic Hall, Cadell Street
Contact: Visitor Information Centre Phone: 02 6959 1766