The 156th Annual Communication of the Grand Lodge of Nebraska, A.F.&A.M. was held Jan. 31-Feb. 2 in Kearney at the Younges Conference Center. This year the main room was set up like a lodge room complete with the altar and columns of the defunct lodge in Minden.
Statistics of the Annual Communication:
- the NECHIP program has now provided 35,129 kits to Nebraska families since its inception;
- 278 students (the largest yet) marched and played in the Masonic All-Star Marching Band Camp in 2012;
- the Change for the Troops program purchased a new vehicle to transport Veterans from across the state to the VA for medical treatments;
- the Grand Master’s Masonic Charities Golf Tournament raised $10,017.07, which was evenly split among the three charities – Masonic Home, MESHC, and the Masonic Foundation;
- $4,000.00 was sent from the Nebraska Masonic Relief Committee to MSA for hurricane Sandy recovery efforts; there are currently 32 kids in the Masonic Eastern Star Home for Children in Fremont;
- there are currently 97 residents of the Nebraska Masonic Home in Plattsmouth;
- Preliminary membership numbers for 2012 have the Grand Lodge with a 350 member decrease to just under 12,000.